InvestSolomons is headed by the Director, whose functions are supported by the Deputy Director.
The Director of InvestSolomons administers two main functions which are:
- The Director is responsible for the overall management and administrative tasks of the Division and;
- The Director is the Registrar of Foreign Investment as provided for by the Foreign Investment Act and whose functions are specified under the same Act.
The Deputy Director of Foreign Investment supports the functions of the Director and works closely with divisional staff on areas relating to evaluation and monitoring of foreign investments and promotion of Solomon Islands to foreign investors.
- Under take research and studies for the formulation of foreign investment policies and planning
- Analyze and advise on the effects of foreign investment economically and socially
- Ensure that services and support requirements of the division is met or addressed.
- Work with foreign investors on areas relating to their investment proposals
- Disseminate investment information to foreign investors and also to make sure that procedures and guidelines are made available to them.
- Ensure that all information reaching the Registrar of Investment are true and fullfill the requirement specified in the Foreign Investment Act 2005 and its 2006 and 2016 Regulations